Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Hope You Dance

Nimuae's Dance Recitals

There have been sightings of our little dancer, Nimuae, all over Black Mountain.


First, she was seen with a gaggle of giggling girls filling elders' hearts with joy at Highland Farms Nursing Home, dancing to "I Hope You Dance."




Then she was spotted a week later at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts Preformance Room dancing to "Tupelo Honey."

(we thought it was funny that the audience sat on the stage while the girls danced on the floor. Then we found out that a few years back, one of the young girls fell off the stage mid-preformance.....problem solved!)

After the preformance on Tuesday, we met the Forest Children's Teacher, Kiesa, at the library. I saw Nim and Kiesa working on the computer together, with whispers and smiles being shared between the two of them. This morning at work, I was suprised to receive the following email in my inbox....

Nim's Dance Recital with a Rose

by Nim and Kiesa

Pink rose, blue velvet leotard

sparkling rhinestones

green stem, prickly leavesa real vase with clear water

The music soars

Tupelo Honey

I Hope You Dance

graceful legs, pretty arms,feet flying, heart fluttering

beautiful everything

in Black Mountain

2 comments:

Sweet Mess said...

Nim- wish I could have been there to see those cool dances...next time alex and I will have to make the short drive to see the show.
I love your poem too!
WE MISS YOU ALREADY TOO...

Gypsy at Heart said...

Wow! I can't wait to see you all! I have my plane ticket and I'll see you on July 12th. Nim, will you dance for me when I get there? Noah, are you taller than me yet? Gita, will you show me the baby goats? Hee-Hee! So excited. Love you all,
NeNe