Friday, June 19, 2009

Technology Challenged

I few things have been keeping me quiet in the emailing/blogging/facebook world for the last little while.


1) our modem got fried by lightening and the phone company is taking their time sending us a new one. So my internet time time is limited to while I am at work (which has been limited due to reason #2) or neighbors (also limited because of #2)


2) my wise old wisdom teeth which have been moving around for many years, have started to move down and out of the skin (I have been teething along with all the babies in my life since 2002) and one decided to get all nasty and infected. Totally painful to open my jaw at all! yikes! So I started feeling some ickiness in my lymph nodes and realized that the infection was likely moving down my neck, so I bit the bullet and went to the oral surgeon who gave me a bunch of antibiotics and said, of course, that he wanted to rip them out. No suprise. So I feel poopy, have only been able to work about 1/2 of my hours this week, and I need to come up with a couple thousand dollars and 4 more days off work to get the puppies yanked out. bummer! Luckily, the infection seems to be calming down...


3) I think I left my cameras battery charger in Chicago (oops) and I don't have internet to go online and order a new one. So I have tons of great photos stuck on my camera. I ordered the new charger today so hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can start taking photos again and pull the ones I have already taken off of my camera.

We have had some pretty incredible electrical storms in the last week, including one that sent a shock through my propane oven, into my stainless steel pan, and then through my body (crazy!), and another that produced some massive hail. I was at work during the hail storm and managed to capture a few shots on our work camera.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma,

I know how you can have your teeth taken care of for a lot, lot, lot less. We had to figure something out for Gabe last month because he also had an infection, super painful... so sorry for you:( Before you do anything let me tell you how we swung it. I'll call out there since you probably aren't checking this very often.

Liz

Just Julie. said...

Oh Ema!
I have been there, and believe me I reverted to a 2-year old. You're handling it better then I did! Totally painful, and I'm so sorry!
I'm feelin' for you lady!
love you!
julie

Gypsy at Heart said...

Hello little mama,

Have you had your teeth removed yet? Are you being treated royally? Wish I could be there to help! Thinking of you and hoping all is well.
Love,
Nene and Randy