Saturday, December 13, 2008

Girls Saturday

Today is a special girls day. There is nothing particularly special about this day, well not any more special than any other day. I was out very very late last night at a birthday party, resulting in less than 4 hours of sleep. So when David left this morning for a job in South Carolina and Noah went to hang out with his buddies, I needed to figure out something to get my tired body moving.....so Nimmy, Gita, and I determined that it was Girls Saturday, a very special day indeed. And what ingredients make up a special girls day? So far, it has been raspberry pancakes, card games, some cartoons, hot cocoa, all interspersed with some regular Saturday chores. And if I am really lucky, the girls will decide that no special girls day is complete without a nice long afternoon nap!
Gita assisting with the fire.

Gita's photo of the mama making pancakes

Girls collecting a weeks worth of kindling (with a curiuos Atticus in the background)

Some important magnetic fashion doll action.

Some good old squishy mushy cuddley love!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like a pretty fabulous day! I hope you got your afternoon nap :-)