Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day for love

Things I love about today....

1. To celebrate Valentine's Day when I was in elementary school, we would each bring in a box that we decorated with hearts and valentine cards for our classmates. By the end of the day, our boxes would be filled with the cards and sweets that our classmates brought for us. Sometimes I feel sorry that my kids won't share these same experiences because we homeschool. So we make it a point to create some type of card and treat for all of our friends on Valentine's Day. The kids love filling a basket with their creations and walking around the neighborhood delivering love. And I love that we are giving our kids a sense of tradition, even if it is a bit different from those of my childhood.2. I love the new Supermom apron that David gave me (along with flowers and chocolate)...what a man!

3. I love the excitement that my kids show for holidays. They woke us up in the morning as if it was Christmas. "Mom, mom, wake up! It's Valentine's Day!"

4. I love all of our animals! The goat herd is growing with the addition of the two new babies. While the babies had their outdoor time in the sun, we had a great conversation with a neighbor about the getting more animals. Kelcey and I are already searching for new chickens, and now we are also looking at adding hogs and turkeys. I love having this connection to our food, and I love having other people to share the farming with. The cooperative nature feels so good and enables us to have farm animals with 1/3 of the work.5. I love that my kids have such wonderful friends with wonderful parents. Because each of them were playing at a friends house this afternoon, I was able to do three weeks of lesson plans with no distractions....and I love that!.

6. I love that my brother-in-law Alex married Kelcey. I could not have asked for a better sister-in-law to be living next door. I love that Kelcey and I get to do things like make Valentines sugar cookies together.

1 comment:

Five Carmonas said...

I Love the thumbs picture!!