Monday, August 18, 2008

Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to us!
On the afternoon of August 18, 2000, David and I were married on the beach of Maui in the company of our family and a few friends.
Today we celebrate 8 years of happy, healthy, full-of-love marriage!

We looked through our archives today to see if we had a cd of the photos so I could share them here, but we did not. So I took some photos of our photos. Pardon the quality.



Andrew Stireman, David, Tim Ditter, Makawao D, and brother Alex


me and my mom

David's dad Alex, David, and my dad Scott

Maria, sister Sarah, and the bride

David's mom Kathleen (Nene) and Noah

our families from Utah and Chicago

.....and the reason for my giddiness today! my new and so beautiful ring! I few months ago I was stung by a bee on my ring finger. I had the common sense to take my wedding ring off before my poor finger started swelling. But the crazy thing is that it has not fit since. I have tried and tried to jam it onto my finger and it will just not fit! Not wearing a ring has been getting me down...I have felt like I was missing something. Then yesterday Meredith and I went shopping for her birthday and I came across this ring that fit me like a glove and made by heart skip a beat. So I bought it and gave it to David to give to me today. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever had on my finger.....and it sparkles and glistens and makes me so happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary babe
I love you

David

Chris and Onaya said...

Happy anniversary Ema and David! I am thrilled that it has been 8 lovely years. Tonight I will drink a toast to you both from here.

~ Onaya

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary David and Emma
May you have many, many more love fulfilled-fulfilling moments of togetherness between you! I love getting to watch your family grow - thanks for sharing your space with me when I visit Kelcey and Alex.
Love, Linda

LH said...

Congratulations!!!! That's a great accomplishment! And what a beautiful family you've created! You guys couldn't look any happier!

- Laurie